Thursday, April 26, 2007

Senator Nesbitt and Lt Gov Perdue: Tell me what to do with my suicidal/ homicidal client

Senator Nesbitt and Lt Gov Perdue: Please tell me what to do with my homicidal/ suicidal client
Marsha V. Hammond, PhD e mail: hammondmv@netzero.com cell: 404 964 5338 April 26, 2007

Dear Senator Nesbitt and Lt Governor Beverly Perdue:

I want to briefly relate to you what happened to my client on Tuesday of this week re: (essentially) no more Community Support. I see him again today. Fortunately, he is a Medicaid client. If he were a state funded client, I would simply eat the cost of this necessary second session.

He is 35, w/ a serious (**non-rehabilitateable mental illness: he cannot be fully 'fixed' under the constraints of Odom's medical model imposed on NC citizens**). He takes his meds dutifully. He gets homicidal and suicidal about 1/ yr re: stressors. He is much better than he was 2 yrs ago. He is a big man. I have seen him regularly for 2.5 yrs. He should perhaps go into the hospital but refuses to go (willingly) into a locked ward. If I turned him over to the more acute care ACTT team, he would no longer see me, something he refuses to do (**he cannot have 2 services at once**). If I call the sheriff, he WILL, believe me, take several deputies down in the ensuing fight.

My best option is (read: WAS) to use Community Support (CS). He needs human company such as WAS available IMMEDIATELY via CS. As you have heard from many providers, the company with which I am affiliated is downsizing, like all other CS providers under Mosley edict of 4.24.07 limiting CS and threatening providers with auditing if they use more than 12 hours/ week. More pressingly, under the 4.24.07 edict, there is no immediate move into CS. One has to wait for the paperwork to be processed by Value Options.

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO WITH THIS HOMICIDAL/ SUICIDAL CLIENT.
Marsha V. Hammond, PhD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home